For your viewing pleasure:
#AAPIindustry news: CAPE Board Member, Rina Brannen, is leaving agency life to be the Head of Development at Daniel Dae Kim's company 3AD and Lauren Yee writes compelling Asian play that is to be featured at South Coast Repertory.
Paisley University students partner with VoluntourLaos to help supply clean water for Ban Had Kam Villiage in Laos
Thipsavanh Silaleoon, third-year business student, joins Intercultural Night to perform a mash-up of a traditional Lao dance.
#RepresentationMatters : Meet the Asian George Washington and Actors Defying Asian Stereotypes, Karen Fukuhara has been cast as a series regular Amazon’s straight-to-series superhero drama The Boys, 57 year old Junko Cheng books her first acting role in Taylor Swift's 'Delicate'
Both born in Laos -- Mary Nguyen Aregoni has big plans for two food brands Bang Chop Thai Kitchen & Saigon Sisters and Tony Yang shares his experiences coming to the United States
The Lao village of Lahanam flourishes with higher demand for indigo dyed thread
In other motherland news, Laos is offering incentives to Lao expats and requests deportation agreements to be handled case by case when served by the U.S. Government.
Thailand is determined to legalize all 3.8 million foreign migrant workers -- many of Laotian descent, and indicts Laos drug lord, ‘Mr X’ for life
For your listening pleasure: Story of brother & sister emigrating from Luang Prabang in 1998 on This is Love Podcast.
New Lao Restaurant Alert: "The Lao Kitchen" in Greensboro!
Farm training proves key to helping reintegrate Lao human trafficking survivors.
- Exploring the Asian American model minority in two ways, the different relationship with politics than other racial minorities and the Southeast Asian community, a population born from refugees and resettlement.
- Jared Leto stars as a white man who becomes head of the Yakuza. Oh, brother.
- President Trump threatens to remove ICE from the state of California. Go ahead.
- Asian-American Women In Hollywood Say It’s Twice As Hard For Them To Say #MeToo
- At least three global surveys disclosed their findings recently, with all three indicating that Laos is going backwards in term of in global development rankings.
- A TECH firm chief temporarily swapped his day job for the dusty roads and soaring mountains of Laos in a bid to clear unexploded landmines.
- Despite working with limited funds, state censorship, and only having three working cinemas in the country - local directors are creating a thriving film industry in Laos.
- Recognizing the potential and prospect to develop tourism, the Lao government is determined to bring the tourist rate up exponentially.
- Laos is pushing hard to meet United Nations (UN) development targets. The government risks bankrupting the nation in the process.
- UNILAD Adventure captures the beauty of Laos with drone footage.
- New Business Alert: Online retailer Talaat Sao!